Marketing Director, Sportball
Full-time position, Toronto
Sportball, North America’s leading franchisor of youth organized multi-sport programming, is looking for an all-star Marketing professional to help lead an exciting new chapter at our organization. As the Director of Marketing for Sportball, you will have the opportunity to shape the brand vision and go-to-market strategy, while working closely with our CEO and team of franchisees to bring your big ideas to life. One part strategic, one executional, and one creative, this is a unique opportunity to join a small, entrepreneurial team and shape the future of a well-established, international brand with a distinct community culture and feel.
- Help define the brand vision and visual identity for Sportball.
- Lead the development, communication and execution of a holistic marketing strategy for the brand. Analyze, learn, modify.
- Deepen our understanding of our customer base and how best to connect with them.
- Collaborate with franchisees and other stakeholders to bring integrated marketing initiatives to life.
- Develop and oversee the brand’s content strategy across all channels including: website, email marketing, social media, etc., ensuring a consistent visual aesthetic and brand voice.
- Build and oversee the deployment of the annual marketing budget to maximize ROI.
- Develop and maintain a competitive pricing strategy for our programs.
- Oversee and optimize our website (UX/UI) for ease of navigation and conversion to ensure a best-in-class experience for our customer.
- Manage reporting and analytics for all marketing activities, including our website.
- Manage & develop a small, agile team to deliver on key marketing objectives.
- Identify & develop opportunities for brand partnerships, collaborations and other brand and community building initiatives to help drive new customer acquisition, loyalty and community engagement.
Who We’re Looking For:
The successful candidate will be someone with a broad range of skills and interests – part marketer, strategist, producer and project manager all rolled into one.
- You have 5-7+ years of professional marketing experience in B2C brand management, communications, advertising or an equivalent field with a bachelor’s degree to match; Includes direct experience managing & building a small, high-functioning team.
- You’re a strategic thinker, having led the development of in-depth brand marketing or creative strategies.
- You appreciate the importance (and complexity!) of great execution, having formulated and managed the implementation of integrated marketing initiatives with proven success, ideally within a complex multi-stakeholder or franchisee environment.
- You’re a skilled communicator, capable of articulating your strategic vision and instilling it in others. You also know how to ask for support when and where you need it.
- You’re a relationship builder with great people skills; whether it’s collaborating cross-functionally or managing a team or external partners, you know how to win people over.
- You’re a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and a high degree of initiative; You thrive in a fast-paced, unstructured environment where you don’t just dream things, you take the necessary actions to make them happen. You’re resourceful and scrappy and know how to prioritize high impact activities to do more with less. You might not have all the answers but you do know how to find them.
- You’re customer obsessed and are always looking for ways to enhance our customer’s experience with our brand. You have a proven track record of forming meaningful connections with customers IRL and through digital channels.
- You love to nerd out on analytics and are hungry for data. You don’t need to be a data scientist but you know what questions are more crucial to find out and are comfortable digesting research to build your strategies.
- You’re a team player who has worked on a small, agile team that flexes above its weight-class. You enjoy wearing many hats and can flex up or down to the task at hand. “This isn’t part of my job” is not part of your vernacular.
- You’re passionate about what you do and why it matters, sharing this infectious energy with those around you. You identify with our core brand values and carry these with you wherever you go.
- You’ve got a creative flair with a passion for brand building and a keen eye for design. You are constantly dreaming up new ideas and finding the best ways to implement them.
- You’re insatiably curious with a growth mind-set; You actively seek out new challenges and opportunities to learn and grow your skill set, both personally and professionally. You enjoy trying new things, analyzing what worked/didn’t work, and incorporating these learnings into your strategies and tactics.
- You’ve got a strong pulse on industry trends and our competitors, and are constantly sharing inspiration and interesting ideas with the team.
This role is primarily based out of our head office in Toronto, Ontario (39 Glen Cameron Rd) and is supported by our flexible work policy.
How to Apply:
We are committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce. We believe in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. Specific requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.
If you have an interest in exploring this opportunity, please send a cover letter and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your interest, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At Sportball, our mission is to advance confidence in play and physical literacy amongst kids ages 1-12 years which we deliver on through our exceptional coaches and unmatched curriculum. Every year, more than 50,000 children and their parents trust sportball to deliver best in class sport-based programming in a fun and welcoming, non-competitive environment. With over 20 franchise and corporate locations across 3 countries, Sportball is North America’s leader in youth multi-sport programming.