RETURN TO PLAY SAFETY PROTOCOLS
At Sportball, the health and well-being of our children and families will always be our number one priority. COVID-19 has presented new challenges, however, we remain committed to ensuring that our programs are SAFE. We will always ensure that we follow best practices and that we listen, understand, learn and are BRAVE together!
Public health officials continue to provide best practices to ensure our health and safety.
As such, we have undertaken to update and improve all safety protocols and procedures associated with the delivery of Sportball programs. We will continue to adjust and follow best practices as more information becomes available to us.
We ask that you read through the following information so that you are aware of the steps we are taking to ensure the safety and health of our Sportball community as we return to play.
- It is highly recommended that all adults wear a face mask when participating in or observing an indoor Sportball program and while in any common areas.
- All children participating in indoor and outdoor programs are not required to wear a facemask, however it is highly recommended.
Parents & Caregivers
We ask that our Sportball parents and caregivers support us in our efforts to keep children safe. If you or your child exhibit any symptoms of illness, please refrain from attending programs.
- Caregivers attending parented classes are required to attest to being vaccinated.
- For Indoor & Outdoor programs: Only one parent is permitted to accompany their child in a parented program.
- For Outdoor programs: We ask that ONLY one designated caregiver be present for the duration of the class to support your child when necessary. Please follow the instruction of your coach to understand where you are to sit during program time.
- Use the washroom before attending your Sportball program as facilities may not be accessible at your program location. For Drop-off programs children must be able to use the washroom on their own. If washrooms are located outside of the gym, we ask that parents remain in or nearby the facility to assist in taking their child to the washroom.
- Ensure that your children have washed their hands before participation. Please provide your own hand sanitizer. We do not know what allergies children may have.
- Please maintain physical distancing from others whenever possible.
- We ask that only one parent attend Sportball programs to support and/or participate in Sportball programs. This will help to limit the number of people in the facility at any given time.
- If your children exhibit any symptoms of illness, please refrain from attending programs.
- Review your current community policies regarding health, safety, and PPE (i.e. face masks) and prepare accordingly.
All coaches returning to Sportball must complete a training course, reviewing best practices and new protocols for health and safety as outlined by Public health officials and the Sportball Training Team.
- Coaches are required to be vaccinated.
- Coaches are expected to monitor their health for any Covid-19 symptoms.
- Before each class, coaches will review safety rules with children and will demonstrate how to create a safe distance during practice and play.
- Rules are presented in a developmentally appropriate way so that children are not afraid and are able to understand best practices expected at Sportball.
Program Delivery & Equipment
- Where equipment kits are not included in program fees, children will be given their own equipment to use throughout each class.
- Sportball coaches will be responsible for distributing and collecting equipment throughout the class.
- We coach very young children and establishing physical distancing will thus not always be possible.
- Coaches will collect and sanitize Sportball provided equipment after each use.
We believe that our collective effort and commitment to these safety standards and practices will ensure that Sportball programs continue to be safe, fun, and enjoyable for all of us!
Welcome home Sportball families, welcome home!