RETURN TO PLAY SAFETY PROTOCOLS
At Sportball, the health and well-being of our children and families will always be our number one priority. COVID-19 has presented new challenges, however, we remain committed to ensuring that our programs are SAFE. We will always ensure that we follow best practices and that we listen, understand, learn and are BRAVE together!
Public health officials continue to provide best practices to ensure our health and safety.
As such, we have undertaken to update and improve all safety protocols and procedures associated with the delivery of Sportball programs. We will continue to adjust and follow best practices as more information becomes available to us.
We ask that you read through the following information so that you are aware of the steps we are taking to ensure the safety and health of our Sportball community as we return to play.
- All Sportball Coaches will follow the required mask protocols at our various indoor partner locations.
- Parents/Caregivers and Children over the age of 3 must wear a face mask when participating in an indoor Sportball program if required by the location where the program is held. Please note that Sportball must follow the policies of each program partner.
- Masks are highly recommended if you are immunocompromised or feeling ill.
Parents & Caregivers
We ask that our Sportball parents and caregivers support us in our efforts to keep children safe. If you or your children exhibit any symptoms of illness, please refrain from attending programs.
- Each Community Centre has its own vaccination policy, which we fully abide by. Depending on the location of your child’s program, caregivers attending parented classes may be required to attest to being vaccinated.
- For Outdoor programs: When attending Sportball programs, we ask that ONLY one designated caregiver be present for the duration of the class to support your child when necessary. Please follow the instruction of your coach to understand where you are to sit during program time.
- Use the washroom before attending your Sportball program as facilities may not be accessible at your program location.
- Ensure that your children have washed their hands before participation. Please provide your own hand sanitizer. We do not know what allergies children may have.
- Please always maintain two metres of social distance when visiting or attending Sportball programs. This is particularly important during arrival and dismissal.
- Review your community policies regarding health, safety, and PPE (i.e. face masks) and prepare accordingly.
All coaches complete a training course, reviewing best practices and new protocols for health and safety as outlined by Public Health.
- Coaches are required to be vaccinated.
- Coaches are expected to monitor their health for any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Before each class, coaches will review safety rules with children and will demonstrate how to create a safe distance during practice and play.
- Rules are presented in a developmentally appropriate way so that children are not afraid and are able to understand best practices expected at Sportball.
Program Delivery & Equipment
- Parent volunteers or teachers will be asked to support their children if required in a program.
- Class ratios will respect the indoor/outdoor social gathering guidelines provided by public health.
- Children will be given their own equipment to use throughout each class.
- Sportball coaches will be responsible for distributing and collecting equipment throughout the class.
- We coach very young children and establishing a two-metre distance will thus not always be possible.
- Coaches will collect and sanitize Sportball provided equipment after each use.
We believe that our collective effort and commitment to these safety standards and practices will ensure that Sportball programs continue to be safe, fun, and enjoyable for all of us!
Welcome home Sportball families, welcome home!